The Oral History Australia Journal is published annually in an electronic format. In February 2020 the Oral History Australia Committee decided that the journal should be open access.
Print publication of the journal ended with the 2016 issue.
2019 Oral History Australia Journal
The 2019 Journal was posted to a member-only access page in October 2019. A short time later some formatting issues - mainly concerning hyperlinks and endnotes - were identified in the document. Some files on this page have therefore been updated (indicated by an asterisk) and replaced.
Download the journal in full
Download separate articles or sections
- Remembering the 40-year history of Oral History Australia, Beth M Robertson & Alistair Thomson (358.89 KB) *
- Voices in Love & Sorrow, Deborah Tout-Smith (790.81 KB)
- Social Histories of Holden in Australia, Paul Sendziuk (495.01 KB) *
- Doug Boyd Workshop, Oral History, Digital Technologies & Innovation: From Interview to Archive, Judy Hughes (444.21 KB)
- Giving Voice to the Photographic Manufacturing Industry: Oral History in the Kodak Heritage Collection at Museums Victoria, Fiona Kinsey (524.82 KB)
- Hostel Stories: Toward a Richer Narrative of the Lived Experiences of Migrants, Rachel A. Ankeny & Karen Agutter (578.25 KB)
- Vale Ben Morris, Janis Wilton (158.94 KB) *
- Necessary but not Sufficient: Interweaving Oral and Written Sources in Compiling Torres Strait Islander Genealogies, Anna Shnukal (1.40 MB) *